Responsible for overseeing the shipping & receiving operations and coordinating the processing of incoming shipments and the packaging of outgoing shipments. Responsible for resolving problems concerning logistics systems, imports and exports, transportation and customer issues. Maintain high employee morale through cultivation of a positive work environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead shipping/receiving operations and department employees.
- Plan and direct all shipping daily while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents.
- Communicate closely with production and scheduling teams to ensure timely shipment of all product and be point of contact to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Coordinate with team for heavy shipping/receiving days where additional support may be needed.
- Complete tracking and notifications for RMA shipments received.
- Coordinate team coverage and flex for daily tasks to ensure projects and job duties are completed on time.
- Ensures all shipping and receiving team members have all the necessary tools and equipment needed to perform their daily functions.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork for shipments.
- Plan product packaging for shipment; including inventory control of shipping materials
- Maintain safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety practices in all business initiatives.
- Assist in transportation management, ensuring that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders.
- Provide coaching, timely feedback and direction to team members on processes and standards to ensure compliance.
- Lead the operation with responsibility in training, coaching and accountability for employees.
- Active involvement in daily production meetings.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain shipping supplies, ensure replacement of all items as needed.
- Assure receiving and shipping is cleaned up properly at the end of each business day.
Other Job Functions
- Domestic and international packaging and shipping functions; including working with carriers and freight forwarders, processing shipments in carrier software and ERP system, and completion of related documentation (including export documents).
- Operate forklift to load, unload and transport materials following accepted operating and safe practice procedure after certification.
- Work in a team environment to propose and implement process and resource improvements related to team activities.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Take initiative and make decisions with minimal oversight
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently, operate forklift, climb ladder and maneuver around stored boxes.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required via phone, computer, and paper.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- General manufacturing environment
- Schedule of Monday through Friday, day shift with extended hours as needed to meet demand
- High School diploma or equivalent required; 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, shipping and receiving, or logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and work within a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to design and adjust workflows and procedures
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure shipping deadlines and turnaround time, daily tasks and projects are completed on time.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).